The benefits that parents, children and teachers derive from COOL TO BE ME are tangible:
- COOL TO BE ME helps to create a classroom and home open to sharing and communicating with each other.
- COOL TO BE ME creates better communication channels between the peer group, teacher and children and children and parents.
- COOL TO BE ME introduces a consistent conversation and helps us to speak the same language – at home and at school when addressing social and emotional issues.
- Our COOL TO BE ME programme has a wonderful positive knock-on effect for the whole family.
- COOL TO BE ME is not restricted to only one grade. It is a whole school programme.
- COOL TO BE ME assists in developing children who can identify their feelings and express themselves rather than reacting without understanding.
- COOL TO BE ME offers a consistent approach across the Foundation Phase by using the same characters and story based learning.
- COOL TO BE ME offers a reassuring link for a child moving up within the Foundation Phase on to the Intermediate Phase.
- COOL TO BE ME assists schools and parents in eliminating bullying and creating a friendly, supportive school environment that promotes healthy learning and social and emotional development.