Social and Emotional Learning is the most effective tool to support parents in raising children to be happy, healthy and successful in life. COOL TO BE ME @ HOME is a comprehensive, experiential and fun resource for parents and children between the ages of 5 and 10 to engage in social and emotional learning together.
The demands and stresses of modern life have a significant impact on children, making a parents job ever more complex. Bullying, school or learning anxiety, sleep issues, fighting over screen time, sibling rivalry and emotional overwhelm are challenges that most families find themselves trying to navigate daily. It can be difficult for parents to find the words or opportunities to address these issues head on with their children, who can quickly become emotional or withdrawn. Parents often hear, “I don’t want to talk about it.”
COOL TO BE ME @ Home has been cleverly designed to create a safe space for parents and children to work through their unique challengers; establish family values and learn social and emotional skills and tools in a non-threatening, fun and effective way.
Stories are the gateway to learning! Our stories revolve around the magical adventures of Bru’Me, Musa Monkey, Sammy Squirrel and Thandi Tortoise and set the stage for all the activities, games and discussions that follow. The themes and experiences that unfold in each story help parents and children find the words to chat about many important and meaningful values and life lessons, including truthfulness, confidence, kindness, responsibility and resilience in a way that children can understand.
COOL TO BE ME @ home offers three developmentally and age appropriate series that explore twelve relevant and engaging themes while teaching the core SEL competencies through:
- e-Book and audio stories,
- family chats and games,
- downloadable activities and resources and
- loads of practical tips and tools for parents.
Engaging, effective and fun
COOL TO BE ME @ Home is engaging, effective and fun for the whole family.
- Each building block is age appropriate and relevant.
- Our stories are engaging.
- SEL skills are developed experientially while having fun.
- Doors open to cool conversations.
- Strong, healthy family bonds are forged.
- Helps define family values.
- Builds confidence and resilience in children with the growing realisation that they have the inner tools to navigate life and learning.
COOL TO BE ME @ Home Series
Feeling Happy & Safe Series includes
- 4 modules: Feelings, Sharing, Being kind and My circle of love and support
- 4 magical stories in eBook and audio formats
- Downloadable posters and activities
- Family chats, games and useful tips