Unlock the Power of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)!
Embark on an informative journey into the heart of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) with our SACE Accredited SEL online course.
Complete all modules and earn 45 SACE points.
Discover the ‘what’` and ‘why’ of SEL, and learn how to integrateSEL into your approach to working with children and youth either as an educator, coach or professional.
What is SEL?
Social Emotional Learning is the process through which children and adults learn the skills and competencies that result in a well-developed level of social-emotional literacy leading to increased personal wellness; success in learning and quality of life.
The six defined SEL competencies covered in the course are self-awareness, self-management, social-awareness, relationship skills, responsible decision-making, and optimistic-thinking for a growth mindset. The outcome of teaching these core SEL competencies extends beyond the personal growth of each learner to assisting schools in delivering on their duty of care in creating safe learning environments; a restorative approach to discipline and a strong values-motivated school culture. SEL is a catalyst for empowering students, inspiring teachers, and reassuring parents.
Skills and knowledge gained through completing the course:
-‐ A clear understanding of the practice of SEL.
-‐ An in depth understanding of each competency and how to apply the knowledge and skills in practice when working children and youth.
-‐ Reflection on personal areas of strength and development with regards to each competency.
– The skill and knowledge to build an SEL curriculum with a wide variety of free resources.
– The skill and knowledge to use SEL to develop interventions and guide difficult conversations.
Educators who actively engage in SEL training and champion a broad-based SEL programme can anticipate:
- Personal Fulfilment: Experience positive shifts in your own well being as you internalise SEL principles.
- Classroom Harmony: Cultivate a positive, inclusive classroom environment that enhances emotional, social, and academic development.
- Student Empowerment: Witness the transformative impact of SEL on students, as they navigate emotions, build relationships, and make responsible decisions.
- Safe School Environment : Enjoy a safe learning environment for all.
- What is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
- Effective Integration of SEL
- 4A. Self-Management
- 4B. Goal-Directed Behaviour
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision Making
- Optimistic Thinking
- Building Your SEL Programme
- SEL In Action
- SEL Self-Assessment
Enrich your learning experience with FREE access to “Cool to Be Me” SEL curriculum resources, enhancing your ability to implement SEL practices effectively.
Join us in reshaping the narrative of education, where SEL isn’t just a course—it’s a transformative journey toward a more empathetic, resilient, and interconnected society. Embrace SEL and illuminate the path to a brighter, more emotionally intelligent future for yourself and those you impact. Enrol now and unlock the potential of Social-Emotional Learning!